We wanted to flag a few changes from USPS plus BETTER, complimentary insurance inclusions that will be introduced this weekend. We know you’re busy so we’ve made the list easy to scan so you can skip to what is most relevant to your individual shipping habits and preferences. Good news – Postal Rates are NOT changing.
- FREE Insurance – Priority Mail now includes $100 of free USPS insurance coverage for ShippingEasy customers due to our Commercial Plus pricing (this is double what you would bet on Stamps.com given their Commercial Base pricing)
- New names for existing products – USPS has consolidated its expedited products under its “Priority Mail” brand:
- Express Mail renamed to: Priority Mail Express
- Express Mail international renamed to: Priority Mail Express International
- New look for new names:
- Existing boxes and packaging: you can use the boxes and envelopes you have in the current design until your stock runs out.
- Delivery time on Labels: Priority Mail and Express Mail labels will now show an estimated delivery time (1-DAY, 2-DAY, 3-DAY). The timeframe is calculated automatically based on origin and destination ZIP Codes
- Electronic Delivery Confirmation International is now available to 13 more countries, including Australia and Great Britain which many of you have asked us about (+ Canada which was introduced earlier in the year). This service is available for the Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope and Small Flat Rate Box, as well as all First-Class Package International Service parcels (<4lbs).
- Great Britain
- New Zealand
- Carrier route code: domestic 4X6 shipping labels will now include a new Carrier Route Code. A Carrier Route code is a four-character code that will appear to the right of the return address and immediate left of the current Retail Distribution Code.
- Date: all changes will go into effect this Sunday, July 28th.
Okay, those are the big things and it’s all good news for USPS customers! If you’d like more detail, please visit USPS more elaborate FAQs and information: https://www.usps.com/making-
We are happy to answer any questions or assist in any way.
Latest posts by Jack Ship (see all)
- 3 Customer Segments to Automate and Engage Your Customers - June 1, 2018