We have received a few calls and emails from customers regarding the USPS Price Change that took place on Sunday.
We thought it might be useful if we recapped some of the most useful information and changes:
USPS annual price changes were automatically updated on ShippingEasy
Effective January 26th, 2014
- Key changes:
- First-Class Mail (domestic): increasing by 7.4%, which equates to an average of an additional $0.16 per piece
- First-Class Mail (international): No Commercial price increase for First-Class Package International Service; letters and flats are increasing by 9.7%, which equates to an average additional $1.09 per piece.
- Priority Mail: introducing new Zone + price reductions on <5lb
- A new Zone 9 has been created for the Freely Associated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, and Palau
- For packages weighing 5 lbs. or less, Commercial Plus rates (Zones 1-8) are decreasing an average of -0.1% or -$0.01 per piece
- Priority Mail Express: new 10:30am delivery option + price reductions
- The USPS is offering a new 10:30AM delivery option for PME at an additional $5.00; packages must be handed over to USPS by specific times, which may vary by location
- For packages weighing 5 lbs. or less, Commercial Plus rates (Zones 1-8) are decreasing an average of -2.7% or -$0.64 per piece
- Electronic USPS Tracking International Service expanding to additional countries,
- Already supported: Canada, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Croatia, Denmark, France, Germany, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Israel, Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, and Switzerland
- New: Estonia, Finland, Gibraltar, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Portugal and Singapore
- Name change: USPS Delivery Confirmation is now USPS Tracking
- Overall Savings Summary:
- Priority Mail Express Commercial Plus rates see you save on average 31.8% vs Retail.
- Priority Mail Commercial Plus will save an average of 24.9% ovs Retail.
- Priority Mail Express International Commercial Plus rates will equate to a 16.7% saving vs Retail
- Priority Mail International packages Commercial Plus savings on average will equate to 16.7% vs Retail.
- More information:
- ShippingEasy recap of key changes: http://bit.ly/1lkwZwa
- Our rate partner Endicia’s recap: if you are on a ShippingEasy paid plan, the Commercial Plus Pricing is applicable. For Starter customers, it is the Commercial Base Pricing tables.
Latest posts by Jack Ship (see all)
- Get Ready For Black Friday and Cyber Monday With This Planner - September 5, 2018