In less than an half hour, we will show you how to send customized emails to your list of customers, complete with your own images and LuLaRoe Consultant brand name. These email templates have been proven to increase sales in as little as 48 hours. Watch and learn below, and be sure to bookmark this page so you can easily return every time you want to connect with your customers!
As always, we have a ton of resources for you. Here are a few links to common questions to help you while you set up campaigns:
Answers to Questions Not in the Webinar
- Do the templates comply with CAN-SPAM and LuLaRoe email policies?
Yes! The templates help you comply with CAN-SPAM regulations and the below LuLaRoe guidelines.
- There must be a functioning return email address to the sender.
- There must be a notice in the email that advises the recipient that he or she may reply to the email, via the functioning return email address, to request that future email solicitations or correspondence not be sent to him or her (a functioning “opt-out” notice).
- The email must include the Independent Fashion Consultant’s physical mailing address.
- The email must clearly and conspicuously disclose that the message is an advertisement or solicitation.
- The use of deceptive subject lines and/or false header information is prohibited.
- All opt-out requests, whether received by email or regular mail, must be honored. If an Independent Fashion Consultant receives an opt-out request from a recipient of an email, the Independent Fashion Consultant must forward the opt-out request to the Company.
- Providing discounts seems to be a gray area for LuLaRoe Consultants. What are your recommendations when sending emails like this to our customers?
If you include the 20% discount as well as the FREE Shipping, this might be considered an “online” discount given email leverages the internet for delivery. Online discounts seem to be frowned upon unless offered in a private message – which this may or may not be considered. We haven’t been able to confirm with LuLaRoe. If unsure, you might want to stick with FREE Shipping alone. We would not want anyone to be non-compliant given this feels like a grey area.
- Am I able to unsubscribe customers myself?
At the moment, you should encourage them to click the “Unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the email. This will not opt them out of transactional/order details emails, but will opt them out of marketing emails. The ability to do this manually is coming in a future release of our Customer Management platform. Also, per LuLaRoe policies, you will need to communicate any unsubscribes to the main office so they can also remove that email from marketing.
- Will the list show us if they have opted out so we don’t assign them back into a list?
If a customer hits “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of your email, their status in Customer Management will be changed from “Yes” to “No” in “Available for Marketing.”
- Do we need to add the images or should a lot already be there?
We will upload some template images for you, but you are strongly encouraged to add some of your own. This not only allows you to feature your own inventory, it will make the email feel more personal. Emails that give subscribers a more personal feel are shown to convert better, too!
- Can you put your customers in groups, like a local base or VIPs?
Absolutely! When you are on your Customers page, you can use the filters in the left column to set up a list of people that fit certain criteria (like those who’ve spent a certain amount, or have a city/zip code in their address). Then you can select all by clicking the box at the top (to the left of “Name”), click Manage Lists, +Add to List, then Add to New List. Name it something you’ll remember like VIPs or Local Customers, then you can select that list later when you set up a campaign.
- Is there a way to reach potential new customers, or is this limited to existing customers?
Customer Management is currently geared toward building relationships and increasing sales with your current customers who have opted in to receiving communications. It is not currently geared toward acquiring new customers, but that doesn’t mean we won’t be working on that in the future!
- Where does the return email go to?
When you finish creating your email template and click Review & Send, you can specify your email address in the “Reply To Email:” field.
- How do I create/upload a customer list?
First things first: you need to have your customers email addresses (and names, if possible) in an Excel or Google Sheet. Name the columns appropriately (email, first name, last name, address, etc). Both Excel and Google Sheets give you the option to “Save as” or “Download as” a csv file. This is a very stripped down version of a spreadsheet that is optimal for uploading standard data. Once you have that csv file, head to your Customers page. Between the “Send email” button and your list, there is an option to Upload Customers. Click that, browse to find your csv file, and click Upload File. You may need to correct any errors (such as improperly input emails), but once that is done, your list of new customers should show up on the Customers page.