ShippingEasy (www.shippingeasy.com) launched in Sydney, Australia in 2011, and opened a 2nd office in Austin, Texas in 2012. We are part of the ecommerce eco-system and enjoying the growth you would expect in this exciting industry.
The Person: What We’re Looking For
Do you have a knack for getting the right emails into the right inboxes at the right times? Do you live to see those open and clickthrough rates climb higher and higher? We’re seeking an expert email marketer to join our team. You’ll be expected to develop and track email campaigns to ultimately increase our business’ email marketing success.
When it comes to email marketing, there are a lot of moving parts. On top of knowing your way around a marketing automation tool, you also have to optimize for mobile devices, nail timing and frequency, organize your segmentation and personalization strategy, and craft great email copy (just to name a few).
Next question we hear is “What is this company?”. That’s an easy one because we have lots of people helping us to tell that story – see below. From our perspective, it’s a company led by start-up people that like solving problems and building things. We’ve expanded our offering from just shipping to include Inventory and Customer Management, making us a full-fledged platform for eCommerce sellers! The leadership team is super transparent and engage every last employee in the strategy, objectives, targets – and results. You’ll learn as much about building a business as you will about marketing and eCommerce. Every Friday you’ll join our 10 minute stand up where you’ll learn what’s new, what’s working, what needs help and more. Then, on a monthly basis, you’ll participate in a Business Update where you’ll get to see the numbers and progress at work. You’ll genuinely feel part of this company! We don’t believe in cogs.
- Manage various email campaigns, templates, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends.
- Be our main copywriter for all prospect and customer facing email sends
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.).
- Measure results and optimize the lead nurturing workflows for these segments to convert leads into customers.
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of our email sends.
- Develop documentation and roadmaps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
- College degree or equivalent working experience.
- Past experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and web analytics.
- Excellent understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation technology.
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization.
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both the written and verbal form).
The opportunity to help build a company from the ground up
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Weekly happy hour with plenty of prizes
- Snacks, drinks and an all-round upbeat environment
- Open plan office where the leaders slow down to teach, mentor and make sure we build something special
Please email your current resume along with your response to these 3 questions as your cover letter (mandatory to be considered for the role)
- If you think about your experience to date, what is most relevant in terms of your ability to perform this role?
- Tell us about your favorite email marketing program that you build and executed: what did you like? What did you set out to achieve? How did you measure it?
- Tell us something unique, interesting or surprising about you.
Please e-mail email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.