Have you heard rumblings in Amazon forums about Amazon Brand Analytics? Wondering what it’s all about and if it could help you sell more on the platform? ShippingEasy is all about helping break things down to make them easier for Amazon sellers. So with that in mind, in this article, we’ll dissect what Amazon Brand Analytics is, who can access it, and what it can mean to your success selling on Amazon.
What is Amazon Brand Analytics (ABA)?
You may or may not be familiar with Amazon Premium Analytics, which comes at a premium cost of around $30k. It’s possible that isn’t quite in your budget. It’s also only available to Amazon Vendors. Amazon Brand Analytics is a lite version of APA. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t have useful features to help you build a better presence on Amazon, though. What’s included in it?
Amazon Brand Analytics features include:
- Amazon search term data
- How popular a keyword is and the most clicked ASINs from a specific term
- Estimated total clicks and conversions from keywords
- Customer demographics
- Item Comparison Reports
- Top 5 most viewed products and total viewing time
As with any resource on Amazon, make sure you take a thorough read-through of the Amazon Brand Analytics terms and conditions (Seller Central login required) before you dive in, just to make sure you understand all that is involved.
Did you know ShippingEasy offers a full suite of shipping, feedback management, and inventory management tools—all in a single platform and a single invoice? Learn more about Amazon Seller Suite.
Who is eligible and how do you access this?
Amazon Brand Analytics is open to all brand registered owners with active listings. If you don’t yet have a registered brand on Amazon, you’ll need to button that up first. Some of the additional benefits you get from being a brand registered owner on Amazon are:
- Enhanced brand content
- Also commonly referred to as the A+ tool, this enables brand owners to change the product descriptions of branded ASINs. Using this tool, you can describe your product features in a different way by including a unique brand story, enhanced images, and text placements. Adding EBC to your product detail pages can result in higher conversion rates, increased traffic, and increased sales when used effectively.
- Sponsored brands
- Sponsored Brands are ads that feature your brand logo, a custom headline, and up to three of your products. These ads appear on search results and help generate recognition for your brand and product portfolio.
- Promote your brand and products with your own multi-page Store on Amazon.
- Enhanced brand content
- Amazon Live
- Amazon Live is Amazon’s streaming service for retailers to hold live sales, similar in fashion to QVC or other in-home shopping shows. You can see
Once you’ve registered a brand on your Seller Central account, you can access ABA directly under Performance, then Brand Dashboard.
How can Amazon Brand Analytics help sellers?
So what are the benefits you’ll see as an Amazon seller who uses this feature? There are actually some that may make the process worth your consideration, especially since your options are limited when it comes to marketing to customers on Amazon.
- Better audience targeting via 1st party data: understand who is buying your products and how to reach them
- Data insights: while it’s free of charge, this is a gold mine of information you can’t find anywhere else
- Optimization with proven keywords: no more guessing on how to get better organic rank for your listing
- Know what to sell: gain competitive advantage by developing products based on features real customers are searching for
- Intelligently spend your ad budget: increase bidding on a specific relevant keyword or pick less competitive keywords to try and rank for
How ShippingEasy helps ABA Users
Amazon Brand Analytics is a clear way to increase the number of products you could be selling on Amazon. Amazon is incentivizing trademarked brand owners with tools like these to expand growth with increased advertising, and ShippingEasy makes it easier to adjust and accommodate an increase in shipping volume.
This data is extremely valuable, but only to those who actively monitor and make adjustments based on those learnings. The same goes for your Amazon reviews management. Once your volume of sales and shipping increases, so does the need to actively manage your reputation as a seller and product reviews. ShippingEasy’s Amazon Feedback Management platform streamlines all your reviews, replies, and email cadence for gaining more reviews in a single place. Try it free for 30 days by clicking below.