ShippingEasy Launches 2020 E-Commerce Shipping Rate Changes Guide
Austin, TX (1.22.20) – ShippingEasy, the leading provider of cloud-based shipping, inventory management, and customer marketing solutions for e-commerce sellers, has released its 2020 E-commerce Seller’s Guide to Shipping Rate Changes. This free guide will help online sellers prepare for and adapt to the 2020 rate changes being rolled out by all major carriers. These changes went into effect on 12/29/19 for UPS and 1/6/20 for FedEx, and are scheduled to go into effect on 1/26/20 for USPS. The guide, now in its fifth year of publication, is one of the most popular assets ShippingEasy publishes throughout the year.
The ShippingEasy 2020 Shipping Rate Change Guide provides:
- A Summary of the Rate Changes: A one-page, side-by-side comparison of each carrier’s changes, highlighting the most relevant takeaways related to each, and providing links to more detailed information on the carriers’ sites.
- Tools for Determining the Most Cost-Effective Carrier for a Given Set of Shipping Parameters: The guide is the only publication available that provides easy-to-use comparison tables which allow shippers to quickly determine which carrier provides the best pricing for a package based on weight, dimensions, destination zone, and service level; it also points out where there may be alternative cost-saving services to consider (e.g. USPS First-Class Package Service®, USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate® or USPS Priority Mail Regional Rate® boxes).
- Examples of How the Changes Impact Real-World E-commerce Businesses: Case studies show the changes’ impact on real-world shipment examples from online businesses in five different product categories, drawn from ShippingEasy’s proprietary (and anonymous) shipping data. These examples not only show the impact of rising rates, but also highlight (where possible) opportunities to save by considering alternative services and/or carriers.
- An Updated Tutorial Section on Dimensional Pricing: Dimensional pricing—which can cause a shipping fee to be based on a package’s dimensions rather than weight for some large, light packages—has always been a critical concept for e-commerce sellers to understand. It is more important than ever in 2020 since the USPS has fully implemented the stricter dimensional pricing rules it first rolled out in 2019. The guide’s dimensional pricing section clearly explains the rules and formulas each carrier uses to calculate dimensional pricing and provides examples using real products to show the impact this pricing model can have.
“E-commerce sellers have come to expect annual rate increases from all the carriers as an unfortunate cost of doing business,” said Rob Zaleski, Head of Brand for ShippingEasy. “Our 2020 Shipping Rate Change Guide is the only one-stop resource to help them fully understand the changes. Perhaps more importantly, it’s the only resource that can help them mitigate the impact of the changes, by clearly laying out examples of how switching to an alternative service can reduce the impact of the rate increases or even secure lower rates in 2020 than rates paid in 2019.”
To better comprehend how the new 2020 rates will influence shipping operations, and to determine the best shipping solutions for an e-commerce business, download ShippingEasy’s free 2020 E-commerce Seller’s Guide to Shipping Rate Changes.
ShippingEasy is the easiest cloud-based shipping, inventory, and customer marketing platform on the market. With ShippingEasy, online merchants of all sizes can ship fast, with the best rates, and increase orders. Powerful integrations with leading online marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Walmart, Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce and many others, allow customers to manage orders, automate shipping, track shipments, and notify recipients—in one easy-to-use platform. Complete with email marketing, customer and inventory management features, along with our industry-leading phone, chat, and email support—tens of thousands of online merchants use ShippingEasy’s award-winning software to ship fast, manage inventory, and improve customer relationships—all in a single platform. ShippingEasy is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Stamps.com (Nasdaq: STMP). For more information, visit ShippingEasy.com.
Latest posts by Rob Zaleski (see all)
- USPS 2021 Shipping Rate Changes: Flat Rate, Priority, First Class, w/Tables - November 16, 2020