Strategic Partner Manager
ShippingEasy moved from Sydney, Australia to Austin in late 2012 and quickly won over thousands and thousands of eCommerce merchants.
Over 30K online sellers now use ShippingEasy and rave about both our product and service!
While it still feels like a start-up in terms of hardworking folks with a common mission, we thankfully are not struggling with processes and wondering about payroll these days! If you like the idea of joining a local tech start-up with a stand-out culture, endless friendships and a day to day job that you’ll seriously enjoy – read on.
For more about a building a career at ShippingEasy – check out our Careers page.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Strategic Partner Manager for ShippingEasy, you will be working closely with our sales, marketing and strategy teams to build our partner ecosystem. You will work directly with partners on co-marketing and revenue driving acquisition initiatives from strategy to execution. This role requires that you’re an experienced partner manager with both marketing and business development capabilities and a people person that values relationships. Our partner ecosystem is an important factor in our continued growth and you will lead the relationships. You will be comfortable with revenue sharing initiatives and the contracts that underpin them. Oh – and you’re someone who still likes rolling their sleeves up and getting it done! We’re not looking for someone to manage the “doer” – you are the “doer”. We’re a scrappy team and even the most senior leaders still jump in and do. If you like the sound of that, please read on.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Develop a scalable partner marketing/development strategy
- Manage new and existing partners by maintaining relationships with decision makers at senior levels
- Work with partners to develop success metrics, including proven KPIs that drive seller acquisition, adoption and recurring revenue for both ShippingEasy and the partner
- Act as primarily point of contact / product / contract owner for the partnership
- Work closely with ShippingEasy Product, Sales and Onboarding teams to ensure smooth onboarding experiences for new sellers using partner integrations via the ShippingEasy platform
- Lead and collaborate with the ShippingEasy team to develop and implement effective go-to-market strategies (new integrations, new features, new markets) with new and existing partners
- Responsibilities include working with and communicating across multiple team functions within ShippingEasy and within partner organizations
- Effectively manage and set stakeholder expectations
- Evangelize our product and service offering
WHAT YOU NEED
- 5+ years of experience in partner, channel, and/or business development
- Experience in eCommerce eco-system a serious plus!
- Proven problem solving ability
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-managed and motivated mindset with a passion to succeed
- SaaS experience preferred
Next question we hear is “What is this company?”. That’s an easy one because we have lots of people helping us to tell that story – see below. From our perspective, it’s a company led by start-up people that like solving problems and building things. We’ve expanded our offering from just shipping to include Inventory and Customer Management, making us a full-fledged platform for eCommerce sellers! The leadership team is super transparent and engage every last employee in the strategy, objectives, targets – and results. You’ll learn as much about building a business as you will about sales and eCommerce. Every Friday you’ll join our 10 minute stand up where you’ll learn what’s new, what’s working, what needs help and more. Then, on a monthly basis, you’ll participate in a Business Update where you’ll get to see the numbers and progress at work. You’ll genuinely feel part of this company! We don’t believe in cogs.
Other People Helping to tell our Story:
Forbes: learn about our early struggles and how we ultimately won!
Entrepreneur: see how our CEO leads from the middle
Austin Business Journal: read about our new digs in the tech corridor
Coolest company: and we’re delighted to be one! Check it out.
- The opportunity to help build a company from the ground up
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Weekly happy hour with plenty of prizes
- Snacks, drinks and an all-round upbeat environment
- Open plan office where the leaders slow down to teach, mentor and make sure we build something special
1.) If you think about your experience to date, what is most relevant in terms of your ability to perform this role?
2.) Why are you the right person to build out our strategic partnerships? And why will you be more successful than the next person?
3.) Tell us something unique, interesting or surprising about you.
You can skip a cover letter! The questions above will tell us plenty.