Vice President of Sales
ShippingEasy (www.shippingeasy.com) launched in Sydney, Australia in 2011, and opened a 2nd office in Austin, Texas in 2012. We are part of the ecommerce eco-system and enjoying the growth you would expect in this exciting industry. Learn more about ShippingEasy by visiting our careers page www.shippingeasy.com/careers. We have a start-up culture that takes risk, moves fast and likes to win. Read on if you are an experienced VP Sales with a proven playbook for Inside Sales growth and optimization.
Reporting directly to the CEO and part of the Exec team, this senior leader will be responsible for generating predictable, scalable and repeatable revenue by leveraging and expanding our sales efforts. You will set the vision for customer, volume and revenue acquisition and align all revenue-connected aspects of the business. This role will best suit a numbers and ops driven sales leader with a passion for metrics, process and cross-departmental funnel management.
Set Sales Strategy
- Review revenue architecture to ensure sustainable, predictable future revenue aligned with business objectives and forecast
- Devise sales strategies to maximize revenue potential from existing and prospective customers
- Partner with the CEO and Director of Marketing to develop go-to-market strategies and predictable achievement of sales forecast
Operationalize Sales Strategy
- Build out plans for selling ShippingEasy solutions to predictably meet customer, volume and revenue targets
- Develop and own the sales “funnel”, optimizing every step continuously
- Support Operations on devising and implementing the underlying sales processes/systems required to support and deliver on revenue strategy and targets
- Monitor the strategies and processes across the revenue cycle from customer acquisition to upselling to adoption
- Develop and implement robust sales management processes – lead sourcing, scoring, management, distribution and ROI measurement; pipeline management; onboarding transition; adoption/conversion
- Leverage data analytics and reporting to identify areas of opportunity in real time
- Test new market segments for product fit and revenue expansion opportunities
- Embrace and influence a “start-up” culture of constant experimentation and learning
- Hire, mentor and develop top sales talent
- Devise and implement an ongoing training/skills development program for sales team
Manage Revenue Generating Investments, Resources, and Systems
- Partner with Marketing, Sales Operations & Business Insights to define needs and maintain business ownership of the “revenue technology stack” including marketing automation, salesforce automation, business intelligence, and data analytics related to acquisition
- Collaborate with and influence marketing on closed-loop customer acquisition and account-based marketing campaigns using a mix of paid, earned and owned media/channels (e.g. inbound, outbound, email, Inside Sales, webinars, white papers, SEO search, web lead generation, and dynamic content) to drive predictable lead conversions
- Work with sales leadership team to optimize day-to-day sales activities and drive engagement to optimize revenue conversion performance
- Minimize customer acquisition cost (CAC) through obsessive measurement and understanding of lead sources, conversions and leakage
- Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy, including revenue forecasting
- Own and iterate on highly motivating and calibrated commission plans for all functions of the sales organization
- 15+ years professional experience, with 8+ years in B2B sales leadership (transactional sales)
- Proven success owning a sales team and corresponding revenue target and developing/executing a plan to achieve it
- Proven Inside Sales playbook – and experience growing revenue to $80M+
- In-depth understanding of SMBs, eCommerce or both
- Superb communication skills, verbal and written
- Metric driven owner with strong analytical skills and a data-driven mindset
- Ability to influence, motivate, and train others
Please email your current resume along with your response to these 3 questions (mandatory to be considered for the role):
- What do you think are the top 5 sales metrics for Sales VPs to measure? What is on your dashboard?
- What do you think are the best traits for sales reps? Sales managers?
- How should sales and marketing work together to maximize funnel conversion?