Part-time Account Manager – Work from home!
We are currently hiring a part-time account manager who will work-from-home (remote). This isn’t your typical Account Management role – it is the driving force behind ShippingEasy’s enormous success in the eCommerce market. You will be on the front lines helping new and existing ShippingEasy customers learn the best ways to use the app while building ever better relationships with our entire customer base. We pride ourselves on Top Notch Service so it’s no surprise that 97% of our customers recommend us. You’ll be part of a winning team that makes a difference in a small to medium sized businesses’ life daily.
You will proactively assist customers of all sizes use our software to ship their online orders efficiently. These interactions have enormous benefit beyond assisting our customers – your resulting feedback will heavily influence our product road map and new features. A genuine customer-led organization that you’ll take pride in being a part of, we listen and respond with weekly releases. So, Account Managers at ShippingEasy not only help our customers but they also influence our product. A powerful combination and an interesting day!
Next question we hear is – “what is this company?”.
From our perspective, we’re a company led by start-up people that like solving problems and building things. The leadership team is super transparent and engage every last employee in the strategy, objectives, targets – and results. You’ll learn as much about building a business as you will about shipping and eCommerce. On a monthly basis, you’ll participate in a Business Update where you’ll get to see the numbers and progress at work. You’ll genuinely feel part of this company! We don’t believe in cogs.
If you didn’t see these before, here’s other people helping to tell our story:
Forbes: learn about our early struggles and how we ultimately won!
Entrepreneur: see how our CEO leads from the middle
Austin Business Journal: read about our new digs in the tech corridor
THE PERSON – what we are looking for
We are looking for a problem solver. A communicator. An organizer. A self-starter. An obsessive personality that doesn’t quit until it’s resolved. You can expect to work hard, learn a business from the ground up and have fun while doing it. Our work-at-home email and chat support team works closely with our in-office phone support team – an exuberant, extroverted bunch intent on hitting targets with a smile and a laugh. If you enjoy working from the comfort of home – alongside creative, hard-working, accountable people with a desire to shine – this just might be the place for you.
INTRESTED? Don’t forget to answer the 5 questions at the end!
OTHER STUFF you probably want to know
- Helping new and existing customers use the ShippingEasy product to their greatest advantage
- Provide friendly, useful, rapid-response chat and email-based technical support to our clients and prospects
- Proactively ask for feedback and online ratings and reviews
- Develop documentation, systems and procedures for delivering client satisfaction
- Communicate with product team to improve product functionality, resolve issues, and improve customer satisfaction
- Discover potential opportunities from client contact and work with product and sales team to meet their needs
- Escalate unresolved issues as required; maintain ownership of issues through resolution
- Ability to empathize and understand customer needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving, decision making skills and creative thinking skills
- A professional, can-do attitude
- No fear when tackling large volumes of customer inquiries
- Strong computer skills and lightning fast on a keyboard across multiple screens and systems
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Calm demeanor underlying a proactive personality
- Ambitious, self-motivated, goal-oriented and extremely driven
- The opportunity to help build a company from the ground up
- Work-from-home/remote – as long as you have your computer and internet, you’re on!
- Part-time, 30 hs/week. Weekdays with possible weekend hours
Please email your current resume along with your response to these 5 questions (mandatory to be considered for the role)
- What most attracted you to this particular job?
- Briefly describe your technical support and account management experience most relevant to performing this role.
- What have you done in the past that will make it clear you have attention to detail and can multi-task? Tell us a story.
- Tell us something interesting or surprising about yourself!
- Prove you can be clear, concise, and friendly even when reiterating how to do something easy… Please pick one of the following and explain how to: (a) make a sandwich, (b) tie shoes, (c) wrap a present, (d) drive a car