Platform Senior Product Marketing Manager
ShippingEasy moved from Sydney, Australia to Austin in late 2012 and quickly won over thousands and thousands of e-commerce merchants. 30K+ online sellers now use ShippingEasy and rave about both our product and service!
More About the Role
ShippingEasy, the leading shipping solution for online sellers, recently launched Inventory Management and Customer Marketing tailored to the same market. These products mark ShippingEasy’s evolution to a platform for eCommerce merchants solving multiple pain points. We have a start-up culture that takes risk, moves fast and likes to win. Read on if you would like to own the “go to market” strategy for these business lines and build the revenue streams that will make them as famous as our hero, shipping.
Reporting to the CEO, the Platform Product Marketing Manager will drive the growth strategy for our Shipping, Customer Marketing and Inventory Management solutions. In this role, you will work closely with the Product, Marketing & Sales to develop and execute strategic plans for achieving revenue targets. As the Platform Product Marketing Manager, you will be the advocate for our portfolio and responsible for educating the market about its value, tailoring the message, packaging, and delivering our solutions to the sales and demand side of the market. Leadership skills are essential as you grow your team in line with business need and opportunity in the coming quarters. A slight twist on the traditional PMM role is revenue accountability and a quarterly bonus that reflects your success.
- Drive the revenue model including identifying the key revenue levers, and recommending pricing and promotions – you will have accountability for driving the number
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our shipping and add-on products for existing and new customers
- Understand our buyer personas, their pain points, buying process and criteria, and transfer knowledge back to product and sales
- Collaborate with marketing to conceive and execute innovative marketing programs that drive demand from existing and new customers
- Track the business metrics and analytics, and work with the product managers to identify and resolve issues
- Drive the launch of new features and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Work with Product owners to educate both internal and external stakeholders on features and benefits across all products (Shipping, Inventory Management and Customer Marketing)
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing Operations to develop sales tools that support the selling process targeted to our market segments
- Leverage surveys and analytics to uncover market needs and support business case for product evolution
- Work closely with sales to deliver market insights that will be used as part of sales discussions
- 10+ years professional experience, with 5+ years in product marketing
- Experience successfully launching new products or line extensions to new and existing customers
- In-depth understanding of SMBs, eCommerce or both
- Master storyteller with high attention to detail and strong presentation skills
- Superb communication skills, verbal and written
- Metric driven owner with strong analytical skills and a data-driven mindset
- Ability to influence, motivate, and train others
- Proven success owning a revenue target and developing/executing a plan to achieve it
- We prefer experience to degrees! But have an appreciation for both
Base Salary $120-140k+ commensurate with experience + BONUS. We can talk options, healthcare and perks during the interview process – we’ve got them all.
To be considered for the position, you MUST answer the following questions and submit along with your resume to email@example.com.
- What in your experience has prepared you most to be successful in a Senior Product Marketing Manager role?
- What 3 metrics do you most look to in order to better understand your/your team’s success and why? (note: there is no right answer here – we just want an early insight into how you think about the role)
- Can you point to a recent example or approach that will convince us you still roll up your sleeves to get stuff done?