Inside Sales Manager
ShippingEasy moved from Sydney, Australia to Austin in late 2012 and quickly won over thousands and thousands of eCommerce merchants.
Over 30K online sellers now use ShippingEasy and rave about both our product and service!
While it still feels like a start-up in terms of hardworking folks with a common mission, we thankfully are not struggling with processes and wondering about payroll these days! If you like the idea of joining a local tech start-up with a stand-out culture, endless friendships and a day to day job that you’ll seriously enjoy — read on.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Calling all Rockstar Sales Leaders – ShippingEasy is looking for an experienced Inside Sales Manager to oversee our inside sales team.
You will own the results of our inbound and outbound efforts, provide sales training, mentorship, coaching, and be a constant source of motivation and energy on the sales floor. You will report to the Director of Sales and will be vital in bringing in fresh ideas, strategies and approaches to ensure maximum productivity, accountability and results. You are a cold-calling master with a “roll-up my sleeves mentality” and are not afraid to put on a headset and create. If you have 3+ years’ experience running an inside sales team, and a track record of overachieving and stellar results, come join our team! This role is pivotal to our structure and will play a significant role helping our sales team develop and exceed goals.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Run an inspired, motivated and energetic sales floor
- Act as mentor and coach to sales reps
- Guide sales reps through the emotional ups and downs that are part of any sales role
- Develop and train sales reps on new strategies and ideas that will increase sales team’s conversions
- Act as an inspirational, energetic and motivating leader who leads by example
- Actively manage KPI’s to ensure outstanding productivity and work-ethic
- Hold weekly and monthly meetings to maintain consistent communication around progress and results
- Nurture a positive and fun workspace by creating weekly and monthly sales competitions, games and activities
- Provide input into the structure of team to maximize outcomes
- Work directly with Director of Sales and Marketing Manager to create monthly customized lead game-plans based on highest converting lead sources
- 3+ years work experience as an Inside Sales Manager
- SaaS experience preferred
- In-depth understanding of the sales process from start-to-finish
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Problem solver
- Strong communication skills
- Competitive nature who is obsessed with winning
Next question we hear is “What is this company?”. That’s an easy one because we have lots of people helping us to tell that story — see below. From our perspective, it’s a company led by start-up people that like solving problems and building things. The leadership team is super transparent and engage every last employee in the strategy, objectives, targets — and results. You’ll learn as much about building a business as you will about sales and eCommerce. Every Friday you’ll join our 10 minute stand up where you’ll learn what’s new, what’s working, what needs help and more. Then, on a monthly basis, you’ll participate in a Business Update where you’ll get to see the numbers and progress at work. You’ll genuinely feel part of this company! We don’t believe in cogs.
Other People Helping to tell our Story:
Forbes: learn about our early struggles and how we ultimately won!
Entrepreneur: see how our CEO leads from the middle
Austin Business Journal: read about our new digs in the tech corridor
Coolest company: and we’re delighted to be one! Check it out: http://austininno.streetwise.co/all-series/here-are-the-2016-austin-fest-coolest-companies-finalists/
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Weekly happy hour with plenty of prizes
- Snacks, drinks and an all-around upbeat environment
- Open plan office where the leaders slow down to teach, mentor and make sure we build something special.
Please email your current resume along with your response to these 3 questions (mandatory to be considered for the role)
- If you think about your experience to date, what is most relevant in terms of your ability to perform this role?
- From your experience to date, please describe the sales environment that you most enjoyed and why.
- Tell us something unique, interesting or surprising about you.
You can skip a cover letter! The questions above will tell us plenty.