Customer Success Advisor
We are hiring a Customer Success Advisor with excellent base pay and 2-weeks comprehensive training so you’re comfortable and ready to hit the ground running! We are part of the e-commerce ecosystem and enjoying the growth you would expect in this exciting industry. A great place to jump in and make a difference from day one. At ShippingEasy it’s all about outcomes. You won’t find yourself in endless meetings – but rather getting results and building an online success story in Austin.
One question we get is: “What will I be doing day-to-day?”
After in-depth training with our Product and Customer Success teams (including Sales, Support, Onboarding, and Retention), you will become a trusted advisor to e-commerce merchants. Shipping can be the hardest part of selling online, but we’re here to make it easy.
You’ll work with all types of e-commerce businesses, from businesses just starting to those that ship thousands of orders per day – you’ll probably recognize some of the names! Each day will be a bit different, from consulting customers on the best shipping practices and optimization to escalating their concerns as they arise, but always providing the best customer service. You’ll also get to help drive where our product goes. We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with weekly releases. So, Customer Success Advisors at ShippingEasy not only help our customers but they also influence our product. A powerful combination and an interesting day!
The Environment (Well, before we get into work)
We’re not a call center with 60 people piled on top of each other answering a call queue. We hire a team member and spend 2 to 3 weeks completely immersing you in the product. We teach you to be an expert in all things shipping and e-commerce.
Our kick-ass Customer Success team is filled with folks who know to have fun, but also focus and take care of our customers. We play games, we get lunch, every Friday at 5 pm is a company-wide happy hour – we work hard together and we celebrate hard together!
The Company: What is ShippingEasy?
From our perspective, we’re a company led by start-up people that like solving problems and building things. The leadership team is super transparent and engages every last employee in the strategy, objectives, targets — and results. You’ll learn as much about building a business as you will about shipping and e-commerce. Every week you’ll join our 10-minute stand up where you’ll learn what’s new, what’s working, what needs help, and more. Then, on a monthly basis, you’ll participate in a Support Update where you’ll get to see the numbers and progress at work. You’ll genuinely feel part of this company! We don’t believe in cogs.
The Person: Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a problem solver. A communicator. A true believer in great customer service. An organizer. A self-starter. An obsessive personality that doesn’t quit until it’s resolved. If you enjoy working alongside creative, hard-working, accountable people with a desire to shine – you found us! You can expect to work hard, learn a business from the ground up and have fun while doing it. You don’t need to know shipping (but it’s a bonus) – our team can show you the ropes!
In addition to sending your resume please provide 2-3 professional references.
- Helping new and existing customers use the ShippingEasy product to their greatest success
- Provide friendly, useful, rapid-response phone, chat, and email-based technical support to our customers and prospects
- Proactively ask for feedback and online ratings and reviews
- Develop documentation, systems, and procedures for delivering customer satisfaction
- Communicate with the product team to improve product functionality, resolve issues, and improve customer satisfaction
- Discover potential opportunities from customer contact and work with product and sales team to meet their needs
- Escalate unresolved issues as required; maintain ownership of issues through resolution
- Ability to empathize and understand customer needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving, decision-making skills, and creative thinking skills
- A professional, can-do attitude
- No fear when tackling large volumes of customer inquiries
- Strong computer skills and lightning-fast on a keyboard across multiple screens and systems
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Calm demeanor underlying a proactive personality
- Ambitious, self-motivated, goal-oriented and extremely driven
Note: We are currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic, but we’ll be back in our amazing Austin offices when it’s safe. Until then, we’ll make sure you have the things you need to succeed while working from home.
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Weekly happy hour with plenty of prizes
- Snacks, drinks and an all-round upbeat environment
- Open plan office where the leaders slow down to teach, mentor and make sure we build something special
Please email your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your 2-3 professional references.