Chief Revenue Officer
ShippingEasy (www.shippingeasy.com) launched in Sydney, Australia in 2011, and opened a 2nd office in Austin, Texas in 2012. We are part of the ecommerce eco-system and enjoying the growth you would expect in this exciting industry. Learn more about ShippingEasy.
This senior leader will be responsible for generating scalable, repeatable and predictable revenue. This role oversees the entire revenue acquisition chain and is responsible for ShippingEasy’s go-to-market strategies and ultimately its revenue performance.
Part of the Executive team, the CRO will set the vision for customer, volume and revenue acquisition and align all revenue-connected aspects of the business. It requires a numbers-driven sales and marketing leader with a passion for metrics, analysis and cross-departmental funnel management.
Set Revenue Strategy
- Review revenue architecture to ensure sustainable, predictable future revenue aligned with business objectives and forecast
- Devise sales & marketing strategies to maximize revenue potential from existing and prospective customers
- Partner with the CEO and senior team to develop go-to-market strategies and predictable achievement of financial metrics
- Enhance brand positioning to effectively articulate our value proposition and growing suite of solutions
Operationalize Revenue Strategy
- Built out plans for marketing and selling ShippingEasy solutions to predictably meet customer, volume and revenue targets.
- Develop and own the marketing and sales “funnel”, optimizing every step continuously
- Support Operations on devising and implementing the underlying marketing and sales processes/systems required to support and deliver on revenue strategy and targets
- Monitor the strategies and processes across the revenue cycle from customer acquisition to upselling to adoption
- Develop and implement robust sales management processes – lead sourcing, management, distribution and ROI measurement; pipeline management; onboarding transition; adoption/conversion
- Leverage data analytics and reporting to identify areas of opportunity in real time
- Test new market segments for product fit and revenue expansion opportunities
- Collaborate with CEO on positioning and managing the ShippingEasy brand, PR and online reputation
- Embrace and influence a “start-up” culture of constant experimentation and learning
- Hire, mentor and develop top sales, marketing and leadership talent
- Work with Sales Leadership team on an ongoing training/skills development program for sales team
Manage Revenue Generating Investments, Resources, and Systems
- Partner with Business Operations & Business Insights to define needs and maintain business ownership of the “revenue technology stack” including marketing automation, salesforce automation, digital channels (e.g. website and social), business intelligence, and data analytics related to acquisition
- Craft and execute closed-loop customer acquisition and account-based marketing campaigns using a mix of paid, earned and owned media / channels (e.g. inbound, outbound, email, Inside Sales, webinars, white papers, SEO search, web lead generation, and dynamic content) to drive predictable lead conversions
- Work with sales leadership team to optimize day-to-day sales activities and drive engagement to optimize revenue conversion performance
- Minimize customer acquisition cost (CAC) through obsessive measurement and understanding of lead sources, conversions and leakage
- Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy, including revenue forecasting
- Own and iterate on highly motivating and calibrated commission plans for all functions of the sales organization
Please email your current resume along with your response to these 3 questions to firstname.lastname@example.org (mandatory to be considered for the role and in lieu of a cover letter):
- If you think about your experience to date, what is most relevant in terms of your ability to perform this role?
- What about the role’s description most interested you?
- Describe your leadership experience and high level approach to managing people.