Sales Operations Manager
This key hire will be responsible for managing the operational processes, key performance metrics, Salesforce CRM design and optimization, and flows of the Sales and Customer Success teams. They will report into the VP of Customer Success & Operations and partner closely with the CRO, Director of Sales, Director of Implementation, and Manager of Support. Their mission will be to optimize the processes, automation, and flows of all front-line roles to make everyone more efficient and impactful, and to ensure each person is spending their time on the best possible activity at any given time.
ShippingEasy (www.shippingeasy.com) launched in Sydney, Australia in 2011, and opened a 2nd office in Austin, Texas in 2012. We are part of the ecommerce eco-system and enjoying the growth you would expect in this exciting industry. Learn more about ShippingEasy.
Our kick-ass Account Management team is filled with folks who know to have fun, but also focus and take care of our customers. We teach you to be an expert in all things shipping and eCommerce. We play games, we get lunch, every Friday @ 5pm is a company-wide happy hour – we work hard together and we celebrate hard together!
From our perspective, we’re a company led by start-up people that like solving problems and building things. The leadership team is super transparent and engage every last employee in the strategy, objectives, targets — and results. You’ll learn as much about building a business as you will about shipping and eCommerce. Every Friday you’ll join our 10 minute stand up where you’ll learn what’s new, what’s working, what needs help and more. Then, on a monthly basis, you’ll participate in a Business Update where you’ll get to see the numbers and progress at work. You’ll genuinely feel part of this company! We don’t believe in cogs.
Interested? DON’T MISS THE 4 QUESTIONS at the end
In addition to sending your resume, there are 4 questions at the end of this posting — those are a must. Incomplete applications will not be considered–sorry, we want people that are willing to invest a bit in getting noticed.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Responsible for training of our sales team on Lead Management and Pipeline Management best practices and acting as an expert knowledge source for Customer Success/Sales Operations and strategy questions
- Refine and train on the Sales Process for each of our sales teams
- Be a player-coach for our front-line Customer Success/Sales team members, helping them strategize their workflows and organization, optimize their metrics, and improve their productivity
- Optimize our implementation and configuration of SFDC to surface the best leads, manage sales processes, and collect crystal-clear data for analysis
- Partner with Sales Leadership to develop a data-driven training model for their teams
- Partner with Marketing to find creative and qualified new lead sources, getting those leads into the right hands, and evolving our email marketing strategy to nurture them
- Function as Project Lead and manage end-to-end projects for department heads in one or many of our key departments
- Assist on teammates’ projects, adding value and efficiency to get priority things done for the business quickly and with quality – build reports, run analyses, build/present trainings, design workflows/processes, etc.
- Identify areas of inefficiency in our Customer Success/Sales departments and propose projects that would resolve problems and add value
- Collaborate with members of all levels of the business to execute solutions and improvements that make others’ lives easier and our business more successful
- Continuously analyze and obsess over front line Customer Success/Sales KPIs and SLAs, always hunting for a way to improve them
- Work with and manage our technology vendors and function as Administrator of these tools to keep them high functioning and running smoothly
- Report directly into the VP of Customer Success and Operations
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2-5 years of experience in an Operations or Customer Success/Sales support role
- A killer work ethic and a true ability to self-motivate – autonomy is an important part of this role
- Exceptional organizational skills
- The ability to learn new systems and technologies quickly and thoroughly
- A results focused outlook on performance, time management skills, and respect for deadlines
- Innate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce.com, Excel, and Google apps
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and a strength in addressing a variety of business audiences
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Weekly happy hour with plenty of prizes
- Snacks, drinks and an all-round upbeat environment
- Open plan office where the leaders slow down to teach, mentor and make sure we build something special
Please email your current resume along with your response to these 4 questions (mandatory to be considered for the role)
- What most attracted you to this particular job?
- If you think about your experience to date, what is most relevant in terms of your ability to perform this role?
- Tell us about one of your most impressive wins as an Operations professional – what was the problem, how’d you solve it, what was the outcome?
- Tell us something unique, interesting or surprising about you!
You can skip a cover letter! The questions above will tell us plenty.