Inside Sales Representative: E-commerce Space
ShippingEasy moved from Sydney, Australia to Austin in late 2012 and quickly won over thousands and thousands of e-commerce merchants. 30K+ online sellers now use ShippingEasy and rave about both our product and service!
ShippingEasy is helping companies redefine how they simplify the logistics of fulfilling their customers orders. Through our award-winning product, we are at the forefront of disruptive shipping solutions that put the rate advantage back in the hands of thousands of businesses. Featured in Tribeza primarily for our culture and The Austin Business Journal for being able to double our revenue growth before years end, we take pride in providing one of the best environments to grow and challenge yourself professionally. We were also ranked as a Top 10 E-commerce Solution Provider by Retail CIO Outlook and we don’t like to brag, but it’s important to mention that we were named the winner of Austin Inno’s 50 On Fire.
For more about a building a career at ShippingEasy – check out our Careers page.
THE DAY TO DAY
First question we get is – “what will I be doing day to day?” We think you’ll like the answer.
After a comprehensive training program run by sales leaders that care, you will share your knowledge of e-commerce, fulfillment and shipping, inventory and customer management with online sellers eager for your expertise. If you’re like most of our new team members, you’ll probably start with none of that knowledge. That’s okay by us (if you have it, consider it a bonus…not a requirement). Count on us to teach you. You’ll go from novice in an industry that matters (e-commerce is currently 8% of retail sales and growing) to a genuine expert in this sales role. Oh, and you’ll have heaps of fun along the way with like-minded colleagues eager for your energy and perspective.
THE ENVIRONMENT – well, before we get in to work
We’re not a boiler room or a call center with 60 people piled on top of each other competing for the same 6 jobs. We hire in small groups of 4-5 and then invest in training, knowledge building and integrating you into our kick ass team. If you get the job, you’ll get a base salary on day 1 (minimum of $36K per annum) – PLUS commission. We get that you have rent to pay, groceries to buy and gas to get yourself here. Every offer we make is for keeps! Oh, and there is plenty of room for growth and promotions within our sales team.
Next question we hear is “What is this company?”. That’s an easy one because we have lots of people helping us to tell that story – see below. From our perspective, it’s a company led by start-up people that like solving problems and building things. We’ve expanded our offering from just shipping to include Inventory and Customer Marketing, making us a full-fledged platform for e-commerce sellers! The leadership team is super transparent and engage every last employee in the strategy, objectives, targets – and results. You’ll learn as much about building a business as you will about sales and e-commerce. Every Friday you’ll join our 10 minute stand up where you’ll learn what’s new, what’s working, what needs help and more. Then, on a monthly basis, you’ll participate in a Business Update where you’ll get to see the numbers and progress at work. You’ll genuinely feel part of this company! We don’t believe in cogs.
Other People Helping Tell our Story:
Forbes: learn about our early struggles and how we ultimately won!
Entrepreneur: see how our CEO leads from the middle
Austin Business Journal: read about our new digs in the tech corridor
THE PERSON – What we are Looking for
We are looking for a go-getter. A communicator. An advocate. A quick study. If you enjoy working alongside driven, hard-working, accountable people with a desire to WIN – this just might be the place for you. You can expect to work hard, learn a business from the ground up and have fun while doing it. Our Sales team has tremendous influence – it drives the revenue. Expect to get a little bit spoiled. You’ll work in an open plan office with a great vibe, endless natural light and a constructive, cohesive team. It’s a happy place! Oh, here’s our winning team for interest sake. And the various paths your career can take at ShippingEasy – we love ambitious people.
More About the Role
The Inside Sales Representative is tasked with identifying, generating and closing sales opportunities through outbound calling activities. The right candidate is a hunter who works well under pressure, thinks out-of-the-box, easily initiates relaxed but informative two-way phone conversations with prospects, and is highly self-motivated. The right candidate will also understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically.
- Prospect to identify and close opportunities selling our web based shipping solution
- Exceed revenue quota goals on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis
- Develop new relationships with prospective clients and earn their business
- Cold call into prospects generated by variety of outside sources
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead information in Salesforce
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of successful inside sales experience, preferably selling a SaaS solution
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence
- Customer Focus: Act in ways that demonstrate customer focus and satisfaction by building effective relationships with customers, identifying, meeting and exceeding customer expectations, and by treating customers with dignity and respect
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic
- High level of accountability and strong commitment to being part of a successful company
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of hitting an individual quota on a consistent basis
- The opportunity to help build a company from the ground up
- Clear career path: 4 roles just within our Sales Team
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Weekly happy hour with plenty of prizes
- Snacks, drinks and an all-round upbeat environment
- Open plan office where the leaders slow down to teach, mentor and make sure we build something special
Please email your current resume to email@example.com