Director of Marketing
ShippingEasy launched in Austin, Texas in 2012 and established our solution as a leading ecommerce platform for managing shipping. Recently we’ve expanded our offering to be an innovative platform-focused solution for driving revenue growth while maintaining our leadership position with our shipping product. We are now looking for a proven marketing leader with experience in B2B solutions delivered in a SaaS cloud-based model to drive continued innovation and evolution in acquiring new merchants. If you are comfortable setting strategy and being a hands-on part of the team executing it, this could be a great fit!
A bit about the company: ShippingEasy, a part of the Stamps.com family, is key component of the US ecommerce eco-system and our growth continues to reflect our leadership position. At ShippingEasy it’s all about outcomes. You won’t find yourself in endless meetings – but rather getting results and building an online success story in Austin. You will manage our marketing team and work closely with the leaders of our sales, account management, and product teams to achieve your objectives and influence outcomes. This role will report directly to the CEO.
If you are a driver with an upbeat personality and want to be part of a vibrant team right here in Austin: MAKE SURE TO ANSWER THE 3 QUESTIONS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE JOB POSTING with your application to be considered for this role. No incomplete applications will be reviewed.
- Develop, oversee, and execute the marketing strategy across all products (shipping, inventory management and customer marketing) to support our customer, revenue and volume growth goals
- Refine and develop a repeatable, scalable system to drive top of funnel growth, increased product adoption, and brand awareness
- Own and manage all marketing communication touch points (website, emails, social, collateral, webinars, blogs, trade shows, conferences)
- Define, develop, and present key marketing KPIs in alignment with organizational goals
- Work closely with Sales and Customer Success leadership to maximize lead conversion
- Align closely with Product and Product Marketing teams to understand our customer needs, refine go-to-market strategies and create campaigns, collateral and content to drive customer acquisition and adoption
- Lead the team in monthly, quarterly, and annual planning cycles, owning lead generation, marketing budget and reporting on performance, with a focus on ROI & revenue growth
- Define key roles and responsibilities of the marketing organization to support growth plans
- Hire, develop, engage, and performance manage talent as needed in support of departmental goals
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- BA/BS in Marketing or equivalent working experience
- 10+ years in marketing (preferably SaaS B2B) with emphasis on growth, lead generation, and demand creation
- Brand and product marketing experience in SaaS is a plus
- Experience leading and growing marketing teams in a startup environment
- Proven leadership skills, with history of successful mentoring, training, and development
- Strong analytic and strategic thinking, tying lead generation activities to overall company go-to-market strategy
- System competencies for this role ideally include analytics systems such as Pardot, Salesforce, Google Analytics, Adwords, and WordPress
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ANSWERS TO THESE 3 QUESTIONS WITH YOUR RESUME:
1) What in your experience has prepared you most to be successful in Director of Marketing role?
2) What 3 metrics do you most look to in order to better understand your/your team’s success and why? (note: there is no right answer here – we just want an early insight into how you think about the role)
3) Can you point to a recent example or approach that will convince us you still roll up your sleeves to get stuff done?
Base Salary $120-140k+ commensurate with experience + BONUS. We can talk options, healthcare and perks during the interview process – we’ve got them all.
Please submit resume and responses to the above questions to firstname.lastname@example.org