Director of Digital Agency Business Development
Are you an eCommerce mover and shaker with experience working in or with Digital Agencies to help eCommerce businesses succeed? Are you looking for an opportunity to build a network of Agency partners that meaningfully drives business growth? If so, this opportunity is for you!
ShippingEasy is looking for a results-driven, partner oriented and customer focused Director of Digital Agency Business Development to join the ShippingEasy Strategy & Business Development team. As part of the ecommerce eco-system, ShippingEasy is enjoying the growth you would expect in this exciting industry. This is a great place to jump in and make a difference from day one. At ShippingEasy it’s all about outcomes. You won’t find yourself in endless meetings – but rather getting results and building an online success story in Austin.
Reporting to the VP of Strategy & Business Development, the Director of Digital Agency Business Development will be responsible for driving growth by creating and subsequently activating and maintaining partnerships with Digital Agencies that serve eCommerce SMBs. Success in the role will be determined by the identification, creation and activation of new Agency partner relationships and other opportunities that deliver new customers and associated revenue to ShippingEasy.
If you are a driver with an upbeat personality and want to be part of a vibrant team right here in Austin: MAKE SURE TO ANSWER THE 3 QUESTIONS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE JOB AD with your application to be considered for this role. No incomplete applications will be reviewed.
- Drive business development activities, primarily focused on Digital Agencies, to achieve new customer acquisition and revenue goals from identification through contract award & activation
- Research and identify target markets, conduct strategic analysis, develop and execute strategic partnerships business plan
- Work closely with internal partners across Sales, Marketing, Customer Success & Product Management to establish strategies and new value propositions leveraging the ShippingEasy product & services to further penetrate the Digital Agency market and increase revenue
- Identify and cultivate new partnerships and business opportunities through targeted prospecting
- Develop sustained business relationships by aggressively pursuing all leads, transitioning them into partners, and maintaining strong relationships
- Execute the pitch process, including assessing initial opportunities, collaborating with internal stakeholders on pitch deliverables, interfacing with prospective partners both in person and via phone/email, and negotiating contracts
- Understand the Digital Agency partner’s business strategy and objectives and establish a shared plan across the partner and ShippingEasy to meet those objectives
- Identify key partner requirements and communicate them back to Product, Sales and Customers Success teams
- Establish trust and build strong relationships with partners throughout the entire business development cycle
- Ensure a high level of partner satisfaction by maintaining effective communications throughout and beyond the business development cycle
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience owning partnership & business development results and relationships
- At least one year of experience working within or partnering with a Digital Agency to service customers in the eCommerce space
- Experience conducting business and building strong relationships via traveling to partner locations, phone & email, with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience putting together proposals and other pitch deliverables
- Comfortable working closely with executive leadership
- Proven track record of successful lead generation and winning new business
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- Ability to understand and communicate technological aspects of new product offerings
- Proven ability to manage and set partner expectations
- Strong motivation and creativity to successfully reach prospects and initiate conversations
- Strong understanding of business development methodology; outstanding pitching abilities and interpersonal skills
- Ability to define KPI’s and analytics for tracking, measuring success, and reporting to management
- Self-starter and creative thinker with a strong sense of urgency to drive action
- Results driven and ability to work both individually and in a team environment
- Ability to effectively influence internally and externally
- Domain knowledge of SMB eCommerce Customers, Platforms and Tools a plus
Location: 3700 N Capital of Texas Highway, Austin, TX 78746.
Job Type: (Full-Time)
Reports To: (VP Strategy & Business Insights)
Travel: Up to 50%
Compensation: Competitive with Equity
Please email your current resume along with your response to these 3 questions to email@example.com (mandatory to be considered for the role and in lieu of a cover letter):
- If you think about your experience to date, what is most relevant in terms of your ability to perform this role?
- Provide an example of when you’ve been able to drive meaningful business growth for the Agency, partner and customer as either a partner of a Digital Agency or from within a Digital agency.
- Tell us something unique, interesting or surprising about you.