Account Expansion Representative
ShippingEasy moved from Sydney, Australia to Austin in late 2012 and quickly won over thousands and thousands of e-commerce merchants. 30K+ online sellers now use ShippingEasy and rave about both our product and service!
ShippingEasy is helping companies redefine how they simplify the logistics of fulfilling their customers’ orders. Through our award-winning product, we are at the forefront of disruptive shipping solutions that put the rate advantage back in the hands of thousands of businesses. Featured in Tribeza primarily for our culture and The Austin Business Journal for being able to double our revenue growth before years end, we take pride in providing one of the best environments to grow and challenge yourself professionally. We were also ranked as a Top 10 E-commerce Solution Provider by Retail CIO Outlook and we don’t like to brag, but it’s important to mention that we were named the winner of Austin Inno’s 50 On Fire.
For more about a building a career at ShippingEasy – check out our Careers page.
THE DAY TO DAY
First question we get is – “what will I be doing day to day?” We think you’ll like the answer.
ShippingEasy’s Customer Marketing product is a newer and fast growing product that enables online retailers to grow their business, manage their reputation, and increase customer loyalty. After a comprehensive training program where you’ll become an expert in our product, e-commerce, fulfillment and shipping, you’ll be fully equipped to be an advocate for ShippingEasy to help expand existing accounts and get our Customer Marketing product in front of customers. ShippingEasy offers an extensive platform of e-commerce solutions, and you’ll be the one to enable online retailers with the tools they need to succeed,
Next question we hear is “What is this company?”. That’s an easy one because we have lots of people helping us to tell that story – see below. From our perspective, it’s a company led by start-up people that like solving problems and building things. We’ve expanded our offering from just shipping to include Inventory and Customer Marketing, making us a full-fledged platform for e-commerce sellers! The leadership team is super transparent and engage every last employee in the strategy, objectives, targets – and results. You’ll learn as much about building a business as you will about sales and e-commerce. Every Friday you’ll join our 10 minute stand up where you’ll learn what’s new, what’s working, what needs help and more. Then, on a monthly basis, you’ll participate in a Business Update where you’ll get to see the numbers and progress at work. You’ll genuinely feel part of this company! We don’t believe in cogs.
Forbes: learn about our early struggles and how we ultimately won!
Entrepreneur: see how our CEO leads from the middle
THE PERSON – What we are looking for
We are looking for a go-getter. A communicator. An advocate. A quick study. If you enjoy working alongside driven, hard-working, accountable people with a desire to WIN – this just might be the place for you. You can expect to work hard, learn the business from the ground up and have fun while doing it. We need someone who is dynamic and solutions-oriented who can speak the language of business owners while building relationships and conveying value in every interaction.
The Account Expansion Representative is tasked with identifying candidates within our existing customer base for add-on products and enabling, configuring, and training on these products through outbound dial activities. The right candidate is someone who works well under pressure, thinks out-of-the-box, easily initiates relaxed but informative two-way phone conversations with customers, and is highly self-motivated. The right candidate will also understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each customer specifically.
- Build and manage a pipeline of existing customers to target for account expansion through strategic phone and email campaigns
- Train new and existing customers on add-on products to ensure effective usage and successful adoption
- Contact customers who have reduced their level of service by removing add-on products and re-sell value of add-on products
- Increase engagement with at-risk customers by enabling effective usage of add-on products
- Enable best practice marketing campaigns for customers
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years of successful inside sales or account management experience, preferably selling a SaaS solution
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence
- Customer Focus: Act in ways that demonstrate customer focus and satisfaction by building effective relationships with customers, identifying, meeting and exceeding customer expectations, and by treating customers with dignity and respect
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic
- High level of accountability and strong commitment to being part of a successful company
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of hitting an individual quota on a consistent basis
- The opportunity to help build a company from the ground up
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Weekly happy hour with plenty of treats
- Snacks, drinks and an all-round upbeat environment
- Open plan office where the leaders slow down to teach, mentor and make sure we build something special
If you believe you could be an excellent fit for our team in this role, send your resume and the answers to these questions to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!
- Work ethic, time management, and personal initiative matter a ton in this role. Give us an example of when you’ve used these skills to overcome a challenge or reach new success.
- Explain in a few sentences what the importance of Email Marketing is for E-commerce businesses today and why they should invest in a Customer Marketing solution.
- Tell us something interesting or unique about you!