Business Performance Analyst
ShippingEasy is looking for a results-oriented, customer focused and data driven Business Performance Analyst to join the ShippingEasy Strategy & Business Insights team. Reporting to the VP of Strategy & Business Insights, the Business Performance Analyst will be responsible for delivering accurate data on business performance & actionable insights to partners across ShippingEasy, our parent company (Stamps.com) and external partners. Success in the role will be determined by the definition & refinement of the company’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), setting goals against these KPIs, measuring performance against these goals and recommending (and when applicable, implementing) actions to drive improved performance.
The role will have responsibilities across three key areas:
- Running the Business (Business Operations)
- Enabling the Business (Reporting & Business Intelligence)
- Driving the Business (Business Analysis, Insights and Forecasting)
Running the Business (Business Operations)
- Own & continuously improve the revenue recognition systems & processes for existing (SAAS & Shipping) and future revenue streams
- Support Shipping Rate updates for our Customers, working alongside our Technology and Customers Facing teams as well as external partners
- Develop and execute the processes for Internal Sales Team and External Partner commissions, working alongside team members in Sales and Business Development
Enabling the Business (Reporting & Business Intelligence)
- Develop KPI Reporting for use by ShippingEasy Executive Team and all key business functions (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Account Management, Business Development and Product & Technology)
- Own the administration of the Reporting Platform – including user permissions, report scheduling, data definition and management
- Define, implement and support key data feeds from internal systems as well as from external partners that are necessary for the measurement of business performance and key KPIs
- Increase the usage of ShippingEasy’s reporting platform by key users across the business through evangelism, creation of key reports and training
- Lead external vendors to augment internal capacity and capabilities for report creation and reporting tool administration
Driving the Business (Business Analysis, Insights and Forecasting)
- Deliver periodic (weekly, monthly, quarterly) readouts on Business Performance, opportunities and issues for use by the ShippingEasy Executive Team as well as other key business partners
- Develop financial models to forecast the impact of key internal actions and external factors on ShippingEasy KPIs, most importantly Revenue and Customer Growth
- Leverage historical data and predictive models to identify key historical factors that impact key KPIs, and recommend actions to drive future performance
Required Skills & Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other Quantitative Field (Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, etc.)
- Experience presenting insights from data to Senior Management and Business Partners
- One to three years of experience writing SQL
- Knowledge of BI/Reporting Systems
- Understanding of Data and ETL Architectures
- Strong use of Excel
- Excellent communicator, both written (email, PPT) and in person
- Knowledge of statistical modeling
- Experience creating financial models for the purposes of Return on Investment (ROI) and Business Forecasting
- Passion for customers and experience in eCommerce
- Ability to work cross functionally to collaboratively understand and deliver on business needs
- Able to balance fun & positive working relationships with the need to have direct conversations around business performance
- 2 to 4 years of experience in business analysis, analytics or finance
- Working knowledge of Amazon Redshift – Cloud Based Data Warehouse & Periscope Data – Cloud Based Business Insights Platform a Plus
Please email your current resume along with your response to these 4 questions to email@example.com (mandatory to be considered for the role and in lieu of a cover letter):
- If you think about your experience to date, what is most relevant in terms of your ability to perform this role?
- What about the role’s description most interested you?
- Provide an example of when you’ve been able to influence others using data & share what made you succesful.
- Share an example of a business problem you were able to help solve by leveraging existing data in a different way than had been used in the organization previously.