Sales Operations Manager
ShippingEasy moved from Sydney, Australia to Austin in late 2012 and quickly won over thousands and thousands of eCommerce merchants.
Over 30K online sellers now use ShippingEasy and rave about both our product and service!
While it still feels like a start-up in terms of hardworking folks with a common mission, we thankfully are not struggling with processes and wondering about payroll these days! If you like the idea of joining a local tech start-up with a stand-out culture, endless friendships and a day to day job that you’ll seriously enjoy – read on.
For more about a building a career at ShippingEasy – check out our Careers page.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Calling all Sales Operations Analysts – we’ve got your next step! ShippingEasy is looking for a Sales Operations Manager to own the accuracy, efficiency, and ongoing optimization of Salesforce.com for the sales team. But it’s more than that. You will report directly to the Sales Leadership team and be responsible for designing, building and delivering forecasting, reporting and analytics. You will ensure the sales process is supported by the appropriate tools, and that clear sales activity reporting is readily available and accessible. You will also work closely with Marketing on sales lead sources, list management and overall lead conversion and ROI. This role will stretch a Sales Operations Analyst and allow them to leverage what they know while learning new skills and influencing strategic direction of the team. If you’ve got 2+ years experience as an analyst, let us promote you! This a key role within our rapidly growing sales organization and will play a significant part in helping the sales team scale and exceed goals.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Create forecasts, reports and analytics for the sales leadership team, as needed
- Act as the go-to support person for Salesforce.com as it pertains to the sales team, maintaining the team’s data accuracy and integrity
- Develop and implement operational efficiencies that increase the sales team’s output and contribute to the company’s bottom line
- Analyze data to effectively recommend more efficient processes and actions for the sales team
- Ability to train sales reps on processes and tools implemented within the sales organization, and Salesforce in particular
- Running and presenting weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reporting
- Build all custom Salesforce workflows to support the sales and marketing process
- Provide strategic input to improve sales and operational processes
- Build dashboards with key sales performance and business health metrics
- Manage all vendor integrations with Salesforce
- As system admin, responsible for all system maintenance and updates
- Supporting sales team with day-to-day operations including but not limited to ensuring data consistency for all closed deals
- Lead and list sourcing and management, maximizing conversion and ROI across sources
WHAT YOU NEED
- Salesforce Certification
- 2+ years of Salesforce development and administrative experience supporting go-to-market teams
- Proven problem solving ability
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills
- Great attention to details
- SaaS experience preferred
- Marketing automation experience preferred (eg Pardot, Marketo)
Next question we hear is “What is this company?”. That’s an easy one because we have lots of people helping us to tell that story – see below. From our perspective, it’s a company led by start-up people that like solving problems and building things. We’ve expanded our offering from just shipping to include Inventory and Customer Management, making us a full-fledged platform for eCommerce sellers! The leadership team is super transparent and engage every last employee in the strategy, objectives, targets – and results. You’ll learn as much about building a business as you will about sales and eCommerce. Every Friday you’ll join our 10 minute stand up where you’ll learn what’s new, what’s working, what needs help and more. Then, on a monthly basis, you’ll participate in a Business Update where you’ll get to see the numbers and progress at work. You’ll genuinely feel part of this company! We don’t believe in cogs.
Other People Helping to tell our Story:
Forbes: learn about our early struggles and how we ultimately won!
Entrepreneur: see how our CEO leads from the middle
Austin Business Journal: read about our new digs in the tech corridor
Coolest company: and we’re delighted to be one! Check it out.
- The opportunity to help build a company from the ground up
- Clear career path: 4 roles just within our Sales Team
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Weekly happy hour with plenty of prizes
- Snacks, drinks and an all-round upbeat environment
- Open plan office where the leaders slow down to teach, mentor and make sure we build something special
Please email your current resume along with your response to these 3 questions (mandatory to be considered for the role)
- If you think about your experience to date, what is most relevant in terms of your ability to perform this role?
- From your experience to date, please describe the sales environment that you most enjoyed and why.
- Tell us something unique, interesting or surprising about you.
You can skip a cover letter! The questions above will tell us plenty.