Importance of a Strong eCommerce Shipping Policy
Why is shipping important to online sellers?
Because customers care about shipping! You can provide the greatest shopping experience, the best prices, and outstanding customer service, but it’s your shipping process that ultimately allows your customers to touch your products.
Any steps you take to make shipping more reliable and efficient directly impact this critical physical connection between your customers and your products.
Customers care about the cost of shipping:
Online shoppers care deeply about shipping costs and delivery options. It is their No. 1 pet peeve and the reason named more than any other for cart abandonment. Shipping can be the difference between success and failure for eCommerce retailers. It matters.
Cost of shipping is the #1 reason named more than any other for cart abandonment. Shipping can be the difference between success and failure for eCommerce retailers. It matters.
45% of shoppers abandoned a cart when the order value didn’t qualify for free shipping.
52% of consumers have added items to their cart with the intention of keeping them to qualify for free shipping.
56% of shoppers decided to pay for shipping when the total cost of their order was still a good bargain with shipping charges.
Source: UPS Pulse of the Online Shopper
Related Articles & Resources:
- Choosing an eCommerce Shipping Solution: Part I
- Choosing an eCommerce Shipping Solution: Part II
- Choosing an eCommerce Shipping Solution: Part III
- Choosing an eCommerce Shipping Solution: Features & Benefits
- Learn more about evaluating the shipping capabilities available to your business.
- View ShippingEasy features
- View ShippingEasy features in list format