How Much Should I Charge for Shipping?
Customers want free shipping; in fact, most of them are willing to accept a seven-day delivery time frame to get it*. Your decision as to how to price your shipping options should be based on a combination of what your particular customers want and what your business model can support.
Here are the typical pricing options and key points to consider for each; notice that if you offer multiple service levels (see previous section), your pricing model will need to reflect these options.
Keep in mind that each carrier has certain strengths and weaknesses depending on the size and weight of your products and how fast you intend to get them to your customer. Also, giving too many options can hurt a customer’s purchase experience just as much as a offering too few.
Related Articles & Resources:
- eCommerce Shipping Capabilities
- Multiple Store Shipping
- International Shipping
- Expedited Delivery Options
- Customer Shipping Preferences
- Picking and Packing Orders
- Carrier Selection
- Shipping Returns
- Analytics & Reporting
- Learn more about Customer Shipping Preferences.
- View Shipping Calculator to help set rates in your store.
- Compare USPS Commercial Base Pricing to Commercial Plus Pricing.