Preparing for International Shipping: Carriers
Much like domestic rates in 2016 rising, international rates have risen as well, only they increased at a much higher rate than domestic. All carriers have increased prices across the board for international shipping services. Know what the increases look like, and know which services are still available before you make a decision on international shipping.
International Rate Increases and Services Changed Across Carriers
- Raised Priority Mail International Canada: 12% average increase (CBP).
- Raised Priority Mail International Canada: 20% average increase (CPP).
- Raised Priority Mail Express International: 16% average increase (CBP).
- Raised Priority Mail Express International: 35% average increase (CPP).
- Eliminated Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate Box
- Raised First Class Package International: 28% increase (CBP).
- Raised First Class Package International: 38% increase (CPP).
- Merged First Class Package International Commercial Base (CBP) and Commercial Plus Pricing (CPP).
- Eliminated fee on Priority Mail International and Priority Mail Express International insurance for shipment values up to $200.
- Insurance rates above $200 remain unchanged.
- Air and International services and accessories will increase an average net 5.2%.
- Increase U.S. export shipping rates by an average of 4.9%
- International surcharges will increase in line with most domestic surcharges
This article was taken from The eCommerce Seller’s Guide to International Selling & Shipping