General Manager: eCommerce, SaaS business line
ShippingEasy moved from Sydney, Australia to Austin in late 2012 and quickly won over thousands and thousands of eCommerce merchants.
30K+ online sellers now use ShippingEasy and rave about both our product and service!
While it still feels like a start-up in terms of hardworking folks with a common mission, we thankfully are not struggling with processes and wondering about payroll these days! If you like the idea of joining a local tech start-up with a stand-out culture, endless friendships and a day to day job that you’ll seriously enjoy – read on.
For more about a building a career at ShippingEasy – check out our Careers page.
THE DAY TO DAY
ShippingEasy, the leading shipping solution for online sellers, recently launched Inventory Management and Customer Management tailored to the same market. These products mark ShippingEasy’s evolution to a platform for eCommerce merchants solving multiple pain points. We have a start-up culture that takes risk, moves fast and likes to win. Read on if you would like to own these business lines and build the revenue streams that will make them as famous as our hero, shipping.
Reporting to the CEO, the General Manager will drive the growth strategy for our Customer Management and Inventory Management solutions. In this role, you will work closely with the Sales, Marketing, Business Development and Product teams to develop and execute strategic plans for achieving revenue targets. You will be the advocate for our “add-on” portfolio and responsible for educating the market about its value, tailoring the message, packaging, and delivering our solutions to the sales and demand side of the market.
- Drive the revenue model including identifying the key revenue levers, and recommending pricing and promotions – you will own the number and be charged with delivering it
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our add-on products for existing and new customers
- Understand our buyer personas, their pain points, buying process and criteria, and transfer knowledge back to product and sales
- Collaborate with marketing to conceive and execute innovative marketing programs that drive demand from existing and new customers
- Track the business metrics and analytics, and work with the product manager to identify and resolve issues
- Drive the launch of new features and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Work with Product owner to educate both internal and external stakeholders on IM and CM features and benefits
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing Operations to develop sales tool that support the selling process targeted to our market segments
- Leverage surveys and analytics to uncover market needs and support business case for product evolution
- Work closely with sales to deliver market insights that will be used as part of sales discussions
THE ENVIRONMENT – well, before we get in to work
We’re not a boiler room or a call center with 60 people piled on top of each other competing for the same 6 jobs. We hire in small groups of 4-5 and then invest in training, knowledge building and integrating you into our kick ass team. If you get the job, you’ll get a base salary on day 1 (minimum of $36K per annum) – PLUS commission. We get that you have rent to pay, groceries to buy and gas to get yourself here. Every offer we make is for keeps!
Next question we hear is “What is this company?”. That’s an easy one because we have lots of people helping us to tell that story – see below. From our perspective, it’s a company led by start-up people that like solving problems and building things. We’ve expanded our offering from just shipping to include Inventory and Customer Management, making us a full-fledged platform for eCommerce sellers! The leadership team is super transparent and engage every last employee in the strategy, objectives, targets – and results. You’ll learn as much about building a business as you will about sales and eCommerce. Every Friday you’ll join our 10 minute stand up where you’ll learn what’s new, what’s working, what needs help and more. Then, on a monthly basis, you’ll participate in a Business Update where you’ll get to see the numbers and progress at work. You’ll genuinely feel part of this company! We don’t believe in cogs.
Other People Helping tell our Story:
Forbes: learn about our early struggles and how we ultimately won!
Entrepreneur: see how our CEO leads from the middle
Austin Business Journal: read about our new digs in the tech corridor
THE PERSON – what we are looking for
- 8+ years professional experience, with 4+ years in revenue-related role
- Proven success owning a revenue target and developing/executing a plan to achieve it
- Experience successfully launching new products or line extensions to new and existing customers
- In-depth understanding of SMBs, eCommerce or both
- Master story teller with high attention to detail and strong presentation skills
- Superb communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven mindset
- Ability to influence, motivate, and train others
- We prefer experience to degrees! But have an appreciation for both
Interested? DON’T MISS THE 4 QUESTIONS at the end
In addition to sending your resume, there are 4 questions at the end of this posting – those are a must. Incomplete applications will not be considered—sorry, we want people that are willing to invest a bit in getting noticed.
- Base Salary $100k+ commensurate with experience. We can talk options, bonuses, healthcare and perks during the interview process – we’ve got them all.
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Weekly happy hour with plenty of prizes
- Snacks, drinks and an all-round upbeat environment
- Open plan office where the leaders slow down to teach, mentor and make sure we build something special
Please email your current resume along with your response to these 4 questions (mandatory to be considered for the role)
- If you think about your experience to date, what is most relevant in terms of your ability to perform this role?
- What in this job ad most appealed to you?
- Tell us something unique, interesting or surprising about you
- We have some college football fanatics in our team – how will you contribute to OR tolerate this part of our culture?
You can skip a cover letter! The questions above will tell us plenty.