Happy New Year to all of our customers. We hope you had an incredibly prosperous holiday season. Our engineering team shortened their break to ensure a great kick off to 2014. Lots of fun things to share:
- New Integration: Etsy; coming late January StitchLabs, OpenCart and WooCommerce
- Etsy: ShippingEasy now integrates directly with your Etsy seller account. We fully support LISTING VARIATIONS, including color, weight, size and your store’s specific product options.
- TO ADD A NEW INTEGRATION/STORE: Integrate a new store by going to Settings>>Stores and then click the “Add New” button.
- Origin address/zip code different than return address/zip code – many of you have requested the ability to specify a Zip Code for shipping and calculating rates (sometimes your local post office asks you to do this) that is different to the return address to be printed on the label. We get it! You now have this option in Settings>> Stores within the ‘Store Info’ section.
- Remember dimensions on RTS – we now save your specified dimensions on the Ready to Ship page – even if you swap carriers. This will make comparing rates easier and save rework.
- Auto-upgrade, easy downgrade – we have streamlined the upgrade and downgrade process. If you tip the maximum volume for a plan type, it will trigger an upgrade to the next plan. However, if you are not certain the volume increase will continue, just go to Settings>>Subscriptions & Billing>>Change Plan Type and downgrade your plan type. This will go into effect on the first day of your next billing cycle.
- FedEx International Duties – you now have the option from the Ready to Ship page to select whether you will pay the duties on an International shipment OR prefer the recipient covers these additional charges. Simply find this option under ‘Billing’ and switch the Duties/Taxes to ‘Recipient’.
In other news:
- The annual USPS rate increases will go into effect on January 26th. If you ship using First Class Mail, please note some of the more significant changes impact this mail class. We will have more information and cheat sheets in the lead up. In the meantime, our rate partner, Endicia has provided this information: http://www.endicia.com/price-change-2014
- Scheduled maintenance this Saturday, Jan 18th – you will receive a separate email with more information on our hosting move scheduled for this Saturday from 2pm. Apologies in advance for the inconvenience – but we’re excited about the immediate speed benefits you should notice immediately afterwards.
Hope 2014 is off to a flyer!