Full-time Account Manager
We are currently hiring an account manager with excellent base pay + commission and 2-weeks comprehensive training so you’re comfortable and ready to hit the ground running! We are part of the eCommerce ecosystem and enjoying the growth you would expect in this exciting industry. A great place to jump in and make a difference from day one. At ShippingEasy it’s all about outcomes. You won’t find yourself in endless meetings – but rather getting results and building an online success story in Austin.
One question we get is – “What will I be doing day-to-day?”
After an in depth training with our product and account management teams, you will become a trusted advisor to eCommerce merchants. Shipping can be the hardest part of selling online, but we’re here to make it easy.
You’ll work with all types of eCommerce businesses, from business just starting to those that ship thousands of orders per day – you’ll probably recognize some of the names! Each day will be a bit different, from consulting customers on the best shipping practices to escalating their concerns as they arise. Oh -and you’ll get to help drive where our product goes. We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with weekly releases. So, Account Managers at ShippingEasy not only help our customers but they also influence our product. A powerful combination and an interesting day!
THE ENVIRONMENT – well, before we get into work
We’re not a call center with 60 people piled on top of each other answering a call queue. We hire a team member and spend 2-3 weeks completely immersing you in the product. We teach you to be an expert in all things shipping and eCommerce.
Our kick-ass Account Management team is filled with folks who know to have fun, but also focus and take care of our customers. We play games, we get lunch, every Friday @ 5pm is a company-wide happy hour – we work hard together and we celebrate hard together!
Next question we hear is - “What is this company?”
From our perspective, we’re a company led by start-up people that like solving problems and building things. The leadership team is super transparent and engage every last employee in the strategy, objectives, targets — and results. You’ll learn as much about building a business as you will about shipping and eCommerce. Every Friday you’ll join our 10 minute stand up where you’ll learn what’s new, what’s working, what needs help and more. Then, on a monthly basis, you’ll participate in a Business Update where you’ll get to see the numbers and progress at work. You’ll genuinely feel part of this company! We don’t believe in cogs.
If you didn’t see these before, here’s other people helping to tell our story:
Forbes: learn about our early struggles and how we ultimately won!
Entrepreneur: see how our CEO leads from the middle
Austin Business Journal: read about our new digs in the tech corridor
THE PERSON – what we are looking for
We are looking for a problem solver. A communicator. An organizer. A self-starter. An obsessive personality that doesn’t quit until it’s resolved. If you enjoy working alongside creative, hard-working, accountable people with a desire to shine – you found us! You can expect to work hard, learn a business from the ground up and have fun while doing it. Our account management team works closely with our sales team — an exuberant, extroverted bunch intent on hitting targets with a smile and a laugh. You don’t need to know shipping (but it’s a bonus)- our team can show you the ropes!
Your salary starts DAY 1. BENEFITS and COMMISSION shortly after. We get that you have rent to pay, groceries to buy and gas to get yourself here. Every offer we make is for keeps!
Interested? DON’T MISS THE 5 QUESTIONS at the end
In addition to sending your resume, there are 5 questions at the end of this posting — those are a must. Incomplete applications will not be considered–sorry, we want people that are willing to invest a bit in getting noticed.
OTHER STUFF you probably want to know
- Helping new and existing customers use the ShippingEasy product to their greatest advantage
- Provide friendly, useful, rapid-response phone, chat and email-based technical support to our clients and prospects
- Proactively ask for feedback and online ratings and reviews
- Develop documentation, systems and procedures for delivering client satisfaction
Communicate with product team to improve product functionality, resolve issues, and improve customer satisfaction
Discover potential opportunities from client contact and work with product and sales team to meet their needs
Escalate unresolved issues as required; maintain ownership of issues through resolution
- Ability to empathize and understand customer needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving, decision making skills and creative thinking skills
- A professional, can-do attitude
- No fear when tackling large volumes of customer inquiries
- Strong computer skills and lightning fast on a keyboard across multiple screens and systems
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Calm demeanor underlying a proactive personality
- Ambitious, self-motivated, goal-oriented and extremely driven
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Weekly happy hour with plenty of prizes
- Snacks, drinks and an all-round upbeat environment
- Open plan office where the leaders slow down to teach, mentor and make sure we build something special
Please email your current resume along with your response to these 5 questions (mandatory to be considered for the role)
- What most attracted you to this particular job?
- If you think about your experience to date, what is most relevant in terms of your ability to perform this role?
- Tell us about one of your most troublesome client relationships: how were you able to turn the relationship around?
- Tell us something unique, interesting or surprising about you!
- Prove you can be clear, concise, and friendly even when reiterating how to do something. Easy… (Bonus points if you subtly sell us on a feature – i.e: a particular brand of peanut butter or shoe laces. Though we aren’t salespeople, we do help our customers recognize the benefits of add-ons they haven’t enabled yet.)
Please pick one of the following and explain how to: (a) make a sandwich, (b) tie shoes, (c) wrap a present, (d) drive a car
You can skip a cover letter! The questions above will tell us plenty.